1. The whole family can join Grandpa, grandma, mom, dad, uncles, aunties, kids and grandkids. Everyone can cycle with Bikes ‘n Wines. Over the years, we have welcomed guests from 18 months to 85 years old. The little ones can sit in specially designed carriages behind the bikes and the older kids get their own kiddie bikes and helmets – so there is no reason not to take your whole family on tour.
2. The kids are always looked after Our guides are amazing with children and will look after them every step of the way. They play with them on the lawns of the wine farms, show them the great flora and fauna and educate them about mother nature and her inhabitants!
3. The parents enjoy wine tastings Cycling with Bikes ‘n Wines is about the activity, but also about the wine! Whilst the parents indulge in the best wines of South Africa, the kids are safely playing outside or exploring the cellars with one of the guides. 4. The kids hunt for ‘wild’ animals Who says that there are only grapevines on a wine farm? There is so much to explore for children on a Bikes ‘n Wines tour. They will hunt for chameleons, play with the farm dogs and explore all the hidden treasures that can be found on the farm. Off course, our guides will be with them at all times!
5. It is completely safe Do you think cycling in South Africa is unsafe? Not if you go on tour with Bikes ‘n Wines. We have private access to the farm roads, which means that we do not (or barely) use the public roads. During our tours, we meander through beautiful vineyards without being bothered by motorized vehicles, a unique experience in South Africa.
6. There is no fitness level required When was the last time you cycled? Three months or twenty years ago? It does not matter, as our Family Rides cater for all ages and fitness levels. We adapt the route and length of the tour on the fitness level of the guests, so everyone can have a great time!
7. You use all your senses! Smell the grapes, taste the wine, feel the wind in your hair whilst cycling, touch the fertile soil of the Winelands and see the beautiful mountains surrounding Stellenbosch! When going a Family Tour, you will use all your senses!
8. It is a great family bonding activity Bikes ‘n Wines will make sure that during a Family Ride, everyone enjoys a day out in the Winelands and gets the chance to spend some quality time together. The kids are taken care of by the guides, the parents are tasting great wines and everyone joins in for a family lunch on a picturesque wine farm! What more is there to love?
9. It is a once in a life time experience Be honest, we live a hectic life where it is difficult to make time for the family! But once in a while, it is a must to go out together and explore something new, such as cycling through the Winelands with your family! Do it once and we promise that you will come back for more!
10. It’s Fun! Why? Because you are never too young or too old to cycle! Not convinced? Read reason 1 to 9 again and book your Family Tour today